Math = Love: Student Teaching Placement

Monday, December 12, 2011

Student Teaching Placement

Well, it's hard to believe, but in less than a month, I will be finally starting my student teaching.  My student teaching will actually be broken up into two placements.  The first two months will be spent in a high school, and the last two months will be spent in a middle school classroom.

It feels like I've been waiting for this for ages.  This semester, my methods course gave me a taste of what to expect in student teaching.  But, I'm looking forward to actually putting into practice all that I have been learning.  I have hundreds of great math teaching ideas bookmarked.  My entire family questions my sanity because I am constantly interrupting conversations to say that something would make a great math lesson.

After living, breathing, eating, and sleeping math for the past three and a half years, I am ready to teach math.  Am I ready, really ready?  No matter the answer to that question, my student teaching is soon to be a reality.  A reality that will begin January 4th.  It's going to be a journey, and I invite you to join me on this journey.  Any feedback, any comments, any help you would like to give, I will gladly accept.

Please join me on my math teaching journey.  


  1. My bags were already packed! (I start practice teaching in January too.)

    Best of luck, and most importantly, have fun!

  2. Welcome to teaching and blogging :) From your profile, I see we are in the same state - I hope you enjoy your student teaching!

    PS - if you haven't already, you might join twitter too.. there are lots of math teachers/bloggers there :)