Math = Love: Algebra 1 Week 1 INB Pictures

Monday, August 27, 2012

Algebra 1 Week 1 INB Pictures

Well, this is actually only Monday-Thursday's INB pictures because I took these pictures Thursday night.  I'll have to post Friday's pictures later.

I'm doing interactive notebooks with my Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 classes.  These are the pages I planned out this summer and posted my rough drafts of before.  Some of them are the exact same as my rough drafts, but I changed others dramatically.

I'm learning that my INB is not going to be perfect.  Honestly, you don't want to see Friday's Algebra 2 page.  It's horrible.  I was feeling uninspired, and it definitely shows.  I keep reminding myself that the more I work with these, the easier it will become.  This is new for me.  I've never done these before, and I'm just making them up as I go.

Syllabus Brochure

Chapter 1 Pocket
Inside of Syllabus Brochure

Translating Expressions

Translating Expressions Foldable Outside

Translating Expressions Foldable (Inside)

Order of Operations Graphic Organizer

Exponent Foldable

How to Evaluate an Expression

Evaluating Expressions and Order of Operations Foldable

Subsets of the Real Numbers

Real Number System Graphic Organizer



17 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I understand fully what happens on the LHS of the INB. Can you explain further? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you link your file to the Subsets of Real Numbers? That looks awesome! I'd like to use that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your foldables!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love many of your ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out page 2 of the notebook. You might have to press "see all" and go to the "Notebook Check" link. Great foldable for transformations. Rules are on the foldable tabs. Modified kids find it especially helpful because they can leave the unused ones folded up and only look at the ones in the function they are working on. Here's the link: http://phs.newcaneyisd.org/apps/classes/569543/assignments/

    The house thing is useful for kids who don't get why things on the inside are opposite of their natural intuition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These pictures of notebook pages are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  7. Great ideas for interactive notebook thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to do something similar this year. Thanks for the great ideas! Have you experimented at all with virtual notebooks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My school just doesn't have the necessary technology to make a virtual notebook feasible. If we did, I'd love to look more into it!

      Delete
  9. I love the idea of the syllabus brochure. What are the numbers on the front for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It means a lot to me!

      2 - Crucial Rules
      Work Hard
      Be Nice

      1 - Bathroom Pass Per 9 Weeks

      25 Percent of Grade is this Notebook

      3 Daily Supplies
      Notebook
      Something to write with
      Folder

      1 Belief
      Math is learned by doing

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
  10. Can you attach the files of these foldables to this blog please?? I am a first year teacher and am loving your blog! Thank you so much for all the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each of these foldables should have it's own separate blog post with the files attached. There is a search bar in the right hand column that should help you find them. Good luck with your first year of teaching! Let me know if there's ever anything I can help you with!

      Delete