Friday, August 10, 2012

Pre-Algebra Road Trip Day 2 and 3

Someone left me a comment asking when I was going to post day 2 and 3 of my Pre-Algebra Road Trip Project.  Sorry I'm so late in posting this.  I'd totally forgot about it while getting everything ready for the upcoming school year.  Today's Friday.  Open house is on Tuesday evening.  And, school starts on Thursday!  I'm so excited, but I also realize just how much stuff I have to get one before school starts!






Link to Original Post explaining the project

Files have been embedded below.  Click on the file you wish to download.  Then, if you look in the upper right hand corner, you should see three dots.  If you click on these dots, you can access the download button.  If you have any trouble accessing these files, please send me an e-mail.  I will be happy to attach them to an e-mail and send them to you!



Looking back at Day 2 and 3, there are a ton of little things I would change.  I actually changed the rental car problem on Day 3 because my students were having a ton of trouble with it.  I just did a flat rate per day.

This project is easily adjusted based on your time limitations and the level of your students.  This was never intended on being a 3-day project.  It just sort of evolved into one.  My 8th graders really enjoyed it.  My cooperating teacher enjoyed it.  My University Supervisor even observed me on Day 3 of the project.  The lesson was a little more chaotic than I had planned, but my supervisor complimented me on the project.  He even asked for electronic copies of the files to send to some math teachers in China.   

7 comments:

  1. Love this porject. Are you able/willing to post the changes you made to day 2 and 3? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only ever done Day 2 and Day 3 the one time. Last year, I had my Algebra 1 students complete Day 1, but that was as far as we got. Sorry!

      Delete
  2. The day 2 and day 3 files cannot be downloaded from the links above. Thanks for this post! Using tomorrow as a one-day project/break for my pre-algebra class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I fixed it Louise. Let me know if you can't get the files to open for you!

      Delete
  3. Hey there! Where are the files to download? This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shena! The files should be embedded above the comments for this post. You need to make sure you have Flash/Shockwave running in order for them to load. If you can't get them to load, send me an e-mail at mathequalslove (at) gmail (dot) com. And, I'll be happy to attach the files and send them to you. Thanks!

      Delete