Monday, January 7, 2013

Domain and Range Notation Foldable

Tomorrow, my Algebra 2 class will begin identifying the domain and range of a function from a graph.  I created a foldable to help my students keep the three different notations separate.  I don't know how well it will work out yet, but I wanted to get it posted for Made 4 Math Monday.





I used a basic three door foldable.  The first flap contains all of the information about set notation.  The second flap features algebraic notation, and the third flap focuses on interval notation. 

I've uploaded my template that is sized to fit in a composition notebook below.  My students will add this to our interactive notebooks.  This is one of my favorite and most versatile foldables.  Before, I've used it to capture information on Parallel and Perpendicular Lines, Different Ways of Finding Slope, and Types of Correlation.  




Outside of Domain/Range Notation Foldable
Inside of Foldable

Close-Up of Inside (RHS)

Close-Up of Inside (LHS)



3 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks great! I remember learning this and being somewhat confused about it, but this seems like a great way to teach it and it makes so much sense! I love your blog and you seem like an amazing teacher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making this. I'm about to teach my Algebra 2 students about interval notation and I needed a good way for them to organize their notes. What you made will really help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad that you've found my blog to be useful.

      Delete