Math = Love: Praying...

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Praying...

Though I've lived in Oklahoma my entire life, I don't think I'll ever get used to tornado season.  For the past two days, I've watched news story after news story of the devastation that's just over an hour away from me.  As a teacher, I can't imagine what it was like for those teachers and students to endure a tornado as it destroyed their school.  I wonder what I would have done.  I hope I never have to find out.

I'm praying for the families whose lives have been forever changed. 



I teach in a town that has been devastated by a tornado twice.  Yet, our school mascot is the tornado.  We wear shirts depicting cartoon tornadoes dunking basketballs.  We yell, "Go Tornadoes!" at sporting events.  But, today it just doesn't seem right.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what they all must have been thinking. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.

    ReplyDelete