It's time for a brand new planner! My current planner (on the left) is good through the end of July. But, I've been collecting dates of future events for quite a while that I've had to scribble on the last page of my planner for lack of a better place to put them.
After looking at planners at Staples and Wal-Mart and not finding the perfect one, I finally found one I loved at Target for only $7.99. The ones at the previous two stores were either too plain or super cute with super thin and flimsy pages.
What did I do as soon as I got my new planner? Show it off to everybody, of course! Then:
1. Fill in important dates for 2014-2015 school year.
2. Fill in dates I've been recording on the last page of my old planner.
3. Fill in birthdays of friends and family.
4. Realize that I will get to celebrate my birthday on a school day for the second year in a row. So excited! On top of that, this is going to be my golden birthday!
5. Mourn the fact that we won't be in school on Pi Day.
6. Fill in all of the mathematical holidays I plan on celebrating with my students this year.
This year, we only celebrated Pi Day and Celebration of Mind Day. Next year, I want to celebrate even more mathematical holidays with my kiddos. Maybe I'll write a post about the various mathematical holidays that there are. #SummerToDoList
Does anybody else get super excited over a new planner?