Math = Love: It's the Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Thursday, June 12, 2014

It's the Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

No, it's not Christmas.  It's even better than Christmas.

It's time for a brand new planner!  My current planner (on the left) is good through the end of July.  But, I've been collecting dates of future events for quite a while that I've had to scribble on the last page of my planner for lack of a better place to put them.

After looking at planners at Staples and Wal-Mart and not finding the perfect one, I finally found one I loved at Target for only $7.99.  The ones at the previous two stores were either too plain or super cute with super thin and flimsy pages.

New Planner

What did I do as soon as I got my new planner?  Show it off to everybody, of course!  Then:

1.  Fill in important dates for 2014-2015 school year.
2.  Fill in dates I've been recording on the last page of my old planner.
3.  Fill in birthdays of friends and family.
4.  Realize that I will get to celebrate my birthday on a school day for the second year in a row.  So excited!  On top of that, this is going to be my golden birthday!
5.  Mourn the fact that we won't be in school on Pi Day.
6.  Fill in all of the mathematical holidays I plan on celebrating with my students this year.

This year, we only celebrated Pi Day and Celebration of Mind Day.  Next year, I want to celebrate even more mathematical holidays with my kiddos.  Maybe I'll write a post about the various mathematical holidays that there are.  #SummerToDoList

Does anybody else get super excited over a new planner?

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE getting a new agenda as well. I also love to use different color pens to color code birthdays, days off school. staff meetings and all that good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use different colored pens, but I haven't color-coded my entries before. Maybe next year... :)

      Delete
  2. I love getting a new planner/agenda. I also do 1-5 of your list, except, I am way past my golden year! LOL

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I didn't even know what a golden birthday was until this past year when my students told me about them. So excited I didn't miss it!

      Delete
  3. I am hunting for one right now too!

    And man, I would love to know about more math holidays :D

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my long, long, long list of things to blog about! Promise! :)

      Delete
  4. I recently moved over to an all electronic planner. Planbook.com is my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must look into this! Lesson planning is one of my downfalls. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete