Math = Love: Algebra 1 INB Pages - Unit 6 Linear Functions

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Algebra 1 INB Pages - Unit 6 Linear Functions

Still working through my draft folder.  And, I happened upon some INB pages that I somehow forgot to post this year.  I posted snippets of some of these, but never the entire unit.  Don't worry.  I'll rectify the situation today!  If you're in a hurry, the new, never posted pages, are at the very beginning and towards the middle.  As always, the link to these files is at the bottom of the post.

I present to you: 

Unit 6: Linear Functions


This pic is old.  Here's the rest of the table of contents:
61 Finding Slope From A Graph
62 Finding Slope From A Table
63 Finding Slope From 2 Pts.
64 Linear Function Vocabulary
65-66 Linear/Non-Linear Practice
67 X- and Y- Intercepts
68 Different Forms of Linear Functions
69 HOYVUX
70 Parallel and Perpendicular Lines

Read more about the Slope Name Art assignment here.

Read more about Slope Dude here.





I actually had the students draw 3 examples of each type of slope.  I only put one example of each in my notebook to keep a student from copying my notebook and not having to think!


I use these little light bulb post-it notes I got from Target to mark things in my notebook to change for next year.


I had my students design their own notebook pages over finding slope.  That was an experience that I'll try to blog about ASAP.


I posted about our linear/non-linear practice pages here.  





And, I blogged about our x- and y-intercept notes here.  


The next set of images are ones I haven't shared with you before.  Oops...  This year, I decided to teach all of the different forms of linear functions at once.  The jury is still kinda out on whether that was a good decision or not...  The test will be to see if I decide to do it the same this year!  







I've already posted about our HOY VUX notes here.







This year's parallel and perpendicular notes are very similar / almost identical to last year's notes.  



All files can be downloaded by visiting this link.

7 comments:

  1. I love it when you share your interactive notebook pages. This post has everything I need to get started on this unit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting my Unit 6 today. Can't wait to use Slope Dude with my 8th Grade Algebra 1 Honors kids. Have you decided if you will teach all the types of equations at the same time this year? Thanks! Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't decided yet. So many things to think about!

      Delete