Since I started blogging, I've recapped the previous year each January in a blog post. You can check out 2013 and 2012 if you're interested. If you remember past years' reviews (or if you just followed the links to read them), I usually write out at least a paragraph for each month. This year, I'm taking a slightly different approach - one non-comprehensive list. After all, lists make me happy. And, this year has been so busy and eventful that I can't quite keep straight what happened when.
So, in no particular order, here's my 2014 in list form:
* Through the MTBoS, I met and started dating an amazing, inspiring guy. He's a maths teacher blogger from Australia, and we have a ridiculous number of things in common with each other. His summer holiday and my Christmas break overlap, so 2014 was able to end with the beginning of his first visit to the United States. :)
* Applied to and started grad school. I'm currently 1/6 done with my master's program in curriculum and instruction with an emphasis in math studies.
* NPR interviewed me/shadowed me for a day the week after Thanksgiving. The story hasn't aired yet, but I'll be sure to let everyone know when it does.
* Finished my second year of teaching and started my third year.
* Set out to read as many books as possible. I ended up reading 71 books. All but 5 of those books were read during the first 6 months of the year. The decrease in books read can be attributed to the first and second items on this list.
* Attended my first edcamp.
* Taught trigonometry for the first time. SO much fun.
* Decided to switch to standards based grading in all of my classes. I should probably write a blog post about that..
* Became extremely addicted to 2048.
* Directed my church's Vacation Bible School program for the 3rd summer in a row.
* Presented at Global Math Department for the first time. I spoke about teaching math with motion.
* Became involved with my local friends of the library organization.
* Presented for the first time at the Oklahoma Council of Teachers of Mathematics Summer Conference.
* Applied for my passport.
* Visited Colorado and New Mexico for the first time.
* Taught class dressed as Pi Girl for Super Hero Spirit Day.
* Had my first Twitter Math Camp Experience. I even worked up the courage to present!!! I met so many amazing, inspiring tweeps in person for the first time.
* Bought a guitar. I still don't know how to play it. But, I figure that I can't learn if I don't own one.
* Attended my first theatre performance - Wicked.
* Fell in love with a certain pencil sharpener.
* Wrote 214 blog posts and surpassed 2 million pageviews on my blog.
* Celebrated my 25th birthday. I'm more than a little excited about being a perfect square.
I'm sure there are a ton of things that I haven't even thought to list. It ended up being a pretty awesome year. I've got this feeling, though, that 2015 is going to turn out to be even more amazing. I can't wait to see what the rest of this new year has got in store.