Math = Love: Things Teenagers Say: Volume 29

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Things Teenagers Say: Volume 29

I know I'm super behind on blogging about lots of stuff, but I just had to blog about things teenagers say today.  I'll get around to blogging about SXSWedu and Pi Day and all kinds of other fun stuff soon!  Promise.

I don't know what it was about today, but my students were saying crazy things left and right. Maybe they're always this funny and I get busy and don't realize it, or maybe there was just something in the air today. Either way, enjoy my students and their craziness!



I decided to make a new Things Teenagers Say logo since the last one has gotten used quite a bit.  It's bright green in honor of the start of spring. :)

Previous Volumes:
Volume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3 | Volume 4 | Volume 5
Volume 6 | Volume 7 | Volume 8 | Volume 9 | Volume 10
Volume 11 | Volume 12 | Volume 13 | Volume 14 | Volume 15
Volume 16 | Volume 17 | Volume 18 | Volume 19 | Volume 20
Volume 21 | Volume 22 | Volume 23 | Volume 24 | Volume 25
Volume 26 | Volume 27 | Volume 28

Twitter tweets crack me up.

--

I tossed my dog in the ceiling fan. But, it's a good thing because he lived.

--

I had 2 boyfriends at once, but I don't count that as cheating.

--

Me: This morning, I opened my yogurt, and it splattered all over me.  Don't you hate when that happens?
Student: If you ate bacon, that wouldn't happen.

--

Ms. Hagan can't be a cougar. Cougars eat meat.

(And, for the record, I'm definitely not a cougar.  Just thought I should clear that up...)

--

Me: I got something in the mail today!
Student: Was it a grown man’s foot?
Me: That would be a no. What type of mail do you normally get?!?

--

How did your boyfriend send you flowers all the way from Australia?  Oh wait.  I'm dumb.  Australia is in America.  That makes sense how he could send you flowers now.

--

Witzzle is what I live for, Ms. Hagan!

--

This lesson is radical!
(Of course, this was said during a lesson on reviewing radicals...)

--

Me: I’m going to tweet that.
Student: Make sure you @ me.
Me: I have a policy that I don’t @ students on twitter.
Student: But, I need more followers.
Another Student: Do you really want a lot of cat-loving math teachers to start following you?

--

Can I open a window? I feel like I’m breathing other people’s air.

--

I don’t even remember how to kiss anymore. I’m going to have to look it up on YouTube.

--

Is it weird if I don’t like people coming over to my house and using my silverware? I always give them plastic. And, I always take my own silverware if I go over to other people’s houses.

--

I wish there was a throwing up emoji.

--

Student 1: When is your next soccer game?
Student 2: Next week.
Student 1: Who do you play?
Student 2: I don’t know.
Student 1: I’ve heard of them!

--

Ms. Hagan, I have determined that paying attention in class actually matters!

--

I would rather get hit in the head with golf ball-sized hail than do this math problem.

--

I'll be here all week with the pi jokes.  I'm like a baker.

--

I'm going to be that creepy admirer of Ms. Hagan and put her name on my back windshield.

--

You can't really speed in my car and look cool.

--

Why did no one tell me my mustache is looking pedophilish?

2 comments:

  1. A cougar?!?! Aren't you like 26? OMG, how can you even be a cougar so young. That is just depressing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I'm 25, and my boyfriend is 27. So DEFINITELY not a cougar. Teenagers...

      Delete