Math = Love: Algebra 1 - Unit 2 Linear Functions INB Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Algebra 1 - Unit 2 Linear Functions INB Pages

Are you getting tired of seeing notebook pages yet?  Usually I try to space these out a bit more.  But, I'm so behind at getting them posted.  I want to get all of this year's notebook pages up before the end of the school year in one month!

Many of these are repeats from last year's unit on linear functions.  There are some tweaks and new pages, though.  You can view last year's pages here.

SBG Learning Goals for Algebra 1 Unit 2 - My students asked for separate columns to record their homework and quiz grades for each learning goal.

Unit 2 Table of Contents

Four Types of Slope:

Inside of The Adventures of Slope Dude:

This paper folds out and each quadrant is labeled to represent a different type of slope.  Students had to create 3 examples of each type of slope.

Slope name art project I've used before:

Slope Concept Map Graphic Organizer

Finding Slope from a Table or Points

We used our vertical number lines to help us find the delta y and delta x values.

Finding Slope From A Graph Graphic Organizer:

Interpreting Slope - My students have struggled with questions that ask them to interpret the slope of a table or graph in the past.  This year, we got lots and lots of practice with a poof booklet.

Inside of Booklet:

I don't think they'll forget that slope is all about the CHANGE this year!

Frayer Model for Linear Relationship:

Linear / Non-Linear Card Sort.  This was NEW this year!  Link to download file at the bottom of this post.

Practicing with Linear Patterns:

X and Y Intercept Notes:

Inside of Practice Poof Booklet:

Slope Intercept Form Notes

Inside of y=mx+b foldable:


And yet another poof book.  I kinda like these things!

Notes on converting equations to Slope-Intercept Form

Standard Form of a Linear Equation - I went back to this foldable from my first year of teaching this year.

Point-Slope Form Notes:

4 Practice Problems:

Inside stolen from Everybody is a Genius.

Parallel and Perpendicular Lines Foldable:


These notes are the same as I normally use.

This year, I had students practice writing lines parallel, perpendicular, and neither parallel nor perpendicular to a set of equations.  This is a start at making this lesson better, but it still needs something.  I just can't put my finger on it.  Yet.

Parallel Practice:

Perpendicular Practice:

Neither Practice:

At the end of the unit, I had students create a summary foldable of the different forms of linear functions.  They had to write the steps to graph each function and make their own example problem.

Download files here.


  1. Definitely not tired of seeing notebook pages. They are my favorite! :)

  2. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing! My notebook is not this cool... I feel inspired!

    1. Thanks! My notebooks are always a work in progress. This is year 3, and they are so much better than year 1!

  3. No, not tired of notebook pages at all! Thank you for taking the time to share them!

    1. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! It means a lot to me!

  4. Not tired at all! I want to try interactive notebooks with my Algebra 2 classes next year, so I love seeing the examples of entire units! Thank you!

    1. You should definitely try INBs! They are LIFE-CHANGING!

  5. I will take your pics and uploads any way you post them! I started using INB's this year in all my math classes, completely due to you. They have been a fantastic resource (I teach algebra over two years to sped students) and my bosses all think I am all that because of it. So thank you for sharing everything that you do and letting me download and use your examples. Pretty sure I owe you! =)

    1. Thanks Lisa! So glad to hear that INBs are going well for you and your students! They make me so happy. Comments like this do, too. :D

  6. Thanks for sharing. Would you send the standard form foldable book you used your first year?

    1. Sure! Send me an e-mail at mathequalslove(at)gmail(dot)com

  7. I love these foldables! This is exactly what an interactive notebook should look like! I call mine an "interactive notebook," but it is just students' Cornell Notes.
    Are these foldables availabe? I love the examples and "puff booklets." Do you sell them?
    Thanks, I love it!

    1. They are available for free here:


  8. Your work is AMAZING!!

    How do you fold the interpreting slope booklet?? It is giving me some issues.

    1. This post has instructions on folding.

  9. I thank the Lord that I have found your blog!! I was an elementary teacher for 16 years. This year, I find myself teaching 7th grade math with one advanced section of Algebra 1!!! Panic ensued when I found out. Your blog, your interactive notebook and your willingness to share it all has been a blessing!!I wish I could just take some time and watch you work your magic! You have helped me feel more confident and my students LOVE your IN pages!! Would you be willing to share the inside of your Slope and Intercept Practice booklet and all of the organizers form your first year or other places that are not currently in your box folder for download? I use your pdf files and would love to have access to all that you used for this unit. I cannot thank you enough for everything you do and share with us!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!

    1. Thanks for your sweet note! You can access all of my files here: