Math = Love: Things Teenagers Say: Volume 31

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Things Teenagers Say: Volume 31

Talking about starting new blog series reminded me that it's been a little while since I posted a new Things Teenagers Say.  I really never thought this series would take off the way it did.  I have a blast writing down the crazy things my students say.  My students even love reading it to see if they can find any of their own statements or guess who said what.  They're also convinced that the crazy things they say are the only thing that makes people read my blog.  Therefore, my I owe all of my "fame" to them.  Crazy kids...


Previous Volumes:
Volume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3 | Volume 4 | Volume 5
Volume 6 | Volume 7 | Volume 8 | Volume 9 | Volume 10
Volume 11 | Volume 12 | Volume 13 | Volume 14 | Volume 15
Volume 16 | Volume 17 | Volume 18 | Volume 19 | Volume 20
Volume 21 | Volume 22 | Volume 23 | Volume 24 | Volume 25
Volume 26 | Volume 27 | Volume 28 | Volume 29 | Volume 30


Is your previous class full of mouth breathers?

--

Ms. Hagan, you need to hire a gargoyle exterminator.

--

Me: Textbooks are dumb.
Student: That's probably the only time I'm ever going to agree with you, Ms. Hagan!

--

Student:  Why would they call it the "carrot" button?  I think they should call it the "pizza" button.
Me: I'm pretty sure it's the "C-A-R-A-T" button.

--

Sometimes you remind me of a fainting goat.  Whenever my neighbor's goats sneeze, it sounds like they are tooting.

--

I decided what I'm going to do with my free time after I become rich.  I'm going to own a croc store.

--

Would you be offended if I told you "I didgeridon't?"

--

Student 1: Can I tell you a joke?
Student 2: I don't want to hear about your love life.

--

Me: Did anyone do any April Fool's jokes today?
Student: Yeah.  I told my Mom I loved her.

--

Can I go to the bathroom before a boy in this class loses an important part?

--

I tried to get my boyfriend to let me put mascara on him.  He punched me.

--

Student: Look at my sunburn.  It's u-shaped.
Me: It's not u-shaped.  It's a parabola.

--

It's humid in here.  Ms. Hagan's hair even screams, "It's humid."  Don't worry.  Mine does, too.  I'm not judging you.

--

While playing Scattergories: I put Harry Truman.  I don't even know if he's real.

--

Ms. Hagan is famous.  Why are you being mean to her?  She could be the Queen of America some day.  Then, she's going to remember how you treated her.

--

I wonder if I swallowed my wedding ring if it would dissolve in my stomach acid...

--

Student 1: This gum is sour!
Student 2: So is your attitude!

--

I wish I was born at home in a barn so if somebody asked me, "Hey, were you born in a barn?" I could answer yes.  That settles it.  My kid's getting born in a barn.

--

I love my seat belt!  I wear it EVERY time!

--

I have a 73 in this class.  I'm hanging off a cliff here!

--

Me: Isn't this fun?
Student: Do you know what fun is, Ms. Hagan?  Fun is going to the fair and eating corn dogs on a stick.

--

Do not turn the air conditioner off unless you want to put your hands under my armpits.

--

Student after seeing earth shaped stickers on my desk: Oh, look you have pictures of me on your stickers.  I'm your world.

--

I'm so glad we are blessed with baseball and boys and baseball pants.





4 comments:

  1. I have to say, these are pretty darn fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I put a logic problem up for Bell Work a couple weeks ago, one girl said, "Logic? Logic confuses me sometimes."

    ReplyDelete