Math = Love: Stuff Worth Sharing: Puzzle Source

Friday, May 15, 2015

Stuff Worth Sharing: Puzzle Source



Okay.  If you've been reading my blog recently, you know I LOVE logic puzzles.  Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite sources for logic puzzles.  This is where I go when I want to find logic puzzles to solve personally.  But, I've also used this site in the classroom.

Just last week, I challenged my students with a fill-in puzzle and a What's Left? puzzle.  (For the record, the fill-in puzzle was a HUGE hit which really surprised me.  And, the What's Left? puzzle really challenged my students and made the practice their instruction reading skills.  The vocab was a bit challenging for my students, though.)  These puzzles are both sample puzzles from Penny Dell Puzzles.  Of course, the goal of Penny Dell Puzzles is to sell you puzzles.  But, they also provide free puzzles to download each day as a PDF file!



Every single day, they post two free crosswords, two free variety puzzles, and one free sudoku.  These are high quality PDFs!  If you create a free account, they will let you download thirty days worth of puzzles.  Five puzzles X Thirty Days = 150 free puzzles.  I don't know about you, but that's more than enough puzzles to keep me occupied in those rare moments when I actually have time to work a puzzle!  Access these in the Daily Puzzle section.

There are more puzzling goodies available under the Sample Puzzles tab.  These puzzles don't change on a daily basis, but this is great if you're looking for a certain type of puzzle.


Other resources on this site:

PDF instructions for solving various types of puzzles - sudoku, kenken, kakuro, logic puzzles, etc.

Brain Booster Puzzles - These look like they could make some great warm-ups or brain breaks for next year!

Hope you find something useful for your classroom!


3 comments:

  1. Check out this website for free daily puzzles of various kinds http://www.printable-puzzles.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mario Games - play top free online games funny for kids! You can play and share with your friends on Facebook and Google + page !

    ReplyDelete