Math = Love: Growth and Fixed Mindset Quiz Foldable

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Growth and Fixed Mindset Quiz Foldable

Found another resource I created but never blogged about - a quiz to determine mindset that I formatted as a foldable.



This past school year, we focused on growth mindset for Day 2.  We talked through SBG and how we learn math.


I introduced my controversial A/B/Not Yet grading scale.  Any assignment or test that is not A or B quality must be redone until it is A or B quality.  


We also talked about the way our words affect our mindset.


At the end of Day 1, I had had students fill out a tweet strip describing what they believed intelligence to be.


Next was my favorite activity: a growth mindset quiz.  I stole heavily from several other quizzes I found online.  And, I combined several of these sources into a booklet foldable for students to glue in their interactive notebooks.

On the outside was a quiz that asked students to SA - Strongly Agree, A - Agree, D - Disagree, or SD - Strongly Disagree with each statement.


Inside the foldable, students found a scoring key.


Students added up their total scores and determined their current mindset from the score.

To emphasize that this is only their CURRENT mindset, I had them list three things they thought they could do to change their mindset.


I also included a fixed mindset/growth mindset graphic I stole from the internet.


I had my student aide pre-crease all of the foldables so students couldn't see the scoring information inside.


Want to download my version of the growth mindset quiz foldable?  Click here.


8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I can't wait to use this with my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your hard work. I love the quiz and the Math bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for reading my blog!

      Delete
  3. What do you do when students don't redo A, B work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They receive a 0. This usually motivates them to redo it.

      Delete
  4. Hi there, I have stumbled across your blog and I love it. I am from New Zealand. I enjoying seeing how other countries teach. Could you explain your tweet activites for me please

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I have stumbled across your blog and I love it. I am from New Zealand. I enjoying seeing how other countries teach. Could you explain your tweet activites for me please

    ReplyDelete