Math = Love: Stuff Worth Sharing: Free ACT Prep Materials

Monday, June 8, 2015

Stuff Worth Sharing: Free ACT Prep Materials

Today, I want to share about an awesome ACT prep resource I found at the beginning of this past school year.



It's a set of 180(!!!) FREE 3-question ACT warm-ups in the form of a PDF workbook.


Here's more info from the workbook:


Each set of questions is formatted nicely to be able to print and give students as a workbook or project on the SMARTBoard.  You could even use the snipping tool to insert these directly into your file!

A preview of the first two warm-ups:


At the end of the file, they even give you answers. :)


Download this pdf for free from LSU's website.

I used this resource with my trig students this past year.  We declared Friday's to be ACT prep day.  This lasted a few Fridays until softball games started stealing away over half of my class.

I'm teaching stats next year, and I think I'm going to use them as a daily warm-up.  I think I'm going to have students designate part of their INBs to ACT prep material.  I will give them formula sheets, tip sheets, etc.  They will also be responsible for copying down information they learn through completing these warm-up problems.  It will be their own personal ACT study guide.

Hope some of you find this useful!


8 comments:

  1. Thank you! This might be a good source of warm-ups from my (integrated) Math 10 class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good idea! Hope you are able to find something useful in there.

      Delete
  2. I'll be teaching AP Statistics for the 1st time this year. Headed to the AP institute at the end of the month to get an introduction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! I teach a non-AP class, but I'm looking forward to some idea-sharing!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. This will be great for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah!
    I'm transitioning from 5-subject spiral notebooks to composition books this year (scary, but exciting). Could you share your procedure for bell work? Do you have them write it in their notebook? On a separate sheet of paper? I would greatly appreciate hearing about your approach. :)

    ReplyDelete