Math = Love: Beginning and End of Year Concept Map Foldable for INBs

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Beginning and End of Year Concept Map Foldable for INBs

For the past two years, I was participated in the Oklahoma Geometry and Algebra Project, or OGAP.  One of the requirements for this program was having my students complete concept maps at the beginning and end of each year.  I love this activity, and I always learn a lot about how my students view algebra, mathematics in general, and my classroom.  For a sample of this past year's concept maps, click here.



Since that program is over, I no longer have to collect concept maps and submit them for analysis.  I still want to continue having my students do a concept map at the beginning and end of each year, though.  I've decided to make a place in our interactive notebooks for students to keep their concept maps.  At the beginning of the year, students will make a concept map, glue it in, and seal it shut with a piece of tape.  At the end of the year, students will make another concept map and write a reflection over how their view of algebra and mathematics has changed.



To keep these more organized looking, I made templates for two booklet foldables.


I left the subject area blank.  You can have students write it in themselves, or you can download the editable Publisher file.  

The inside of the booklet foldable has a place for students (or you) to fill in the subject area and lots o blank space to write!  


The end of year foldable is very similar.

If you download the editable Publisher file, you will need to also download these free fonts: Desyrel and Alpha Echo.

Download the files for these foldables here.  


2 comments: