Math = Love: Student Supply Center

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Student Supply Center

For my classroom this year, I want to make a distinction between my supplies and the supplies my students are allowed to use.  I don't mind my students using my supplies.  But, I do mind the fact that they often never seem to make their way back to my desk.  Last year, I reached a point where I couldn't find a black pen anywhere in my classroom.  I found colored pens.  I found pencils.  I found markers.  No black pens.  And, I really, really, really needed a black pen.  I didn't have time to go track one down from the office, so I did something I never thought I would do.  I asked my students if anyone in the room had a black pen they would be willing to trade me for a colored pen.  My, oh my...

This year, I hope to set better boundaries by designating a specific area for supplies students may borrow.  I started by making a cute sign to print on colored paper and laminate.  Yes, I've gone a little poster crazy lately.  I know.


I'm posting the file here, as always, with the hope someone else will see it and benefit from my obsession with sign making.  I've uploaded it as an editable Publisher File and a non-editable PDF file. If you download the editable version, you will need this free font: Comic Zine OT.


4 comments:

  1. What things do you include in your Student Supply Center?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stapler, Tape, Hole Punch, White Out, etc.

      I have scissors, glue, rulers, dry erase markers in the INB supplies section.

      Delete
  2. I love your posters! I have definitely bookmarked several of your posts to print out for my classroom...thank you! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog, Ashley. It really means a lot. Have fun decorating!

      Delete