Math = Love: Christmas In August :D

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Christmas In August :D

Recently, I had a Christmas in August moment.  Last year, I received an e-mail from my school saying they had grant money that needed to be spent before it was forfeited.  Did I need any instructional resources for my classroom?

I e-mailed in a wish list in three stages.  Really need for next year.  Kinda need for next year.  Would be nice to have for next year.  I headed off to Australia for the summer and quickly forgot about it.  I never heard anything back from the school, so I assumed nothing was going to come out of it.  Oh well.  It never hurts to ask.  

However, I returned to find several huge boxes waiting for me!  It was definitely like Christmas!  Here's what I received:

SmartPAL Kit with dry erase sleeves, markers, and eraser cloths.  Sadly, I only remembered the pic of the markers and erasers.  Oops.  Previously, I was using these dry erase sleeves from Amazon.  You really can't have too many of these!  


X-Y Coordinate Geoboards - I've never used these before, but I'm excited to try them out this year!  When I complain about rubberbands being everywhere, remind me that I brought this on myself!


600 Dot Dice.  I can't wait to use these with my stats class.  And with my Algebra 2 students when we study exponential growth and decay!


Algebra Tiles.  I wrote about my plan to organize these here.  I love using these to illustrate completing the square!


Bingo Chips.  Or transparent counters if you want to be more generic.  We use these for tons of activities.  And, I think they'll get a fair amount of use in stats!


Number Lines.  One per student.  I'm using these for my grad school project that is focusing on remediation of integer operations.  Still need to blog about this...


Integer Dice.  So excited to make an activity that uses these!


Polyhedra Dice


Two Color Counters.  I've always had to use bingo chips because I didn't have any of these.  Excited to have some of these at last!


Kagan Cooperative Learning & Algebra 2 - I bought a copy of the Kagan Algebra 1 book myself during my second year of teaching.  They've just recently come out with an Algebra 2 version.  I'm so excited to dig in and see what activities I can use with my students.  It's aligned to CCSS which is a bit annoying for me since Oklahoma decided to back out of Common Core.  I will still be able to use a lot of the lessons, though.  


Giant foam operations dice


Foam Conic Sections - These will be awesome to illustrate conics in Algebra 2!



Katie Kubes -  Is it bad that my main motivation in asking for these was so I could do Hotel Snap with my students???


I'm so thankful for all my school does to support my work in the classroom!

What's your favorite math class resource?  Tell us in the comments!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I want those conic sections! Ha. And a mini review or post about how you used lessons with that cooperative learning algebra 2 book would be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so excited to use them! I'll add the cooperative learning idea to my list of things to blog about!

      Delete
  2. I am going to Barnes and Noble today to see if they have the Kagan Algebra 1 book. Cross your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love these.....I have some but what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just received my order of snap cubes to do Hotel Snap with my 6th grade students. I totally understand!!!

    ReplyDelete