Math = Love: Modifying the Train Game

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Modifying the Train Game


I shared the "Train Game" with you on my first day of school post.  If you haven't read it, I've been playing the 20 Express game with my students as a 5-ish minute warm-up on Thursdays.  Our first day of school was a Thursday, so I taught them to play it that day.


For the record, my students love it.  And, from reading your tweets and blog posts, many of your students love it, too!

A little while back, I retweeted a #teach180 post about modifying this game to make it more math-y.  But, I've decided this idea deserves its own post!


Instead of having students order the numbers 1-30, have them order -15 to +15.

How brilliant is that???


2 comments:

  1. Wow! So excited to see this post! Glad I could inspire you since you inspire me all the time!!

    ReplyDelete