Math = Love: Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Notes

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Notes

Here are my adding and subtracting polynomial notes from Algebra 2.

Nothing super exciting here.  I mainly did this to emphasize the importance of always using parentheses and what it means to distribute a negative.  Kids always seem to make mistakes with both.  This is a specific skill that is tested in Algebra 1 in Oklahoma at the moment.

My Algebra 2 students are really struggling with the idea of combining like terms this year.  Next year, I need to make this a skill to review before our polynomial chapter!

Fill in the blank notes.  (For the record, I didn't get this typed and printed in time, so my students had to hand-write the 5 steps.  But, I went ahead and typed it out so I would have it for next year.)  

Just the steps:

Example 1:

Example 2:

In the past, I've done this activity with my students to practice this, but I decided to skip it this year.

Download the file here.

1 comment:

  1. Does it connect my priorities and also has a connect Michael’s step Steptoe an extended A's good execute only information now you can see just reading this great information Alpha Peak is coming to me I'm not doing anything with it always good thing that attracts like intellectual masturbation right so that which in any good so we now need to make sure that we.