Math = Love: Harry Potter Quote Poster

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Harry Potter Quote Poster

The other day, Casey tweeted a request for a poster.  In an attempt to procrastinate on my to-do list, I gave it an attempt.  It's a Harry Potter quote, and I'm not a Harry Potter fan.  I'm pretty sure I read part of the first book when I was in middle school.  And, I've been in a room with someone watching the movies, but it's just not my thing.  (Please don't stop reading my blog over this confession.  Thanks.)

I did, however, see the appeal of the quote: "You will find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."
It's something I struggle with as a teacher.  Why, oh why, do my struggling students not ask for help???  When there are twenty-odd students in a classroom, vying for my attention, the students who ask for help are the ones that get it.

In a funny turn of events, Meg had already uploaded a pretty, colored poster version of this quote here.  You can download my less colorful version (pictured above) here.  


4 comments:

  1. Lol. Didn't think that Harry Potter could lead to an internal teacher reflection, but whatever works. I'm with you. I wonder why some students (particularly those who need it) don't ask for help. Usually they'll open up if you establish a relationship with them and break through that "trust" barrier. For some, thawing that ice can take a long time but they'll come around eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to remind myself that it just takes longer to establish trust with some kids. This happens every year. We've still got 75% of the school year left.

      Delete
  2. The kids love it!!!! I printed it out on yellow paper, hung it on my board, and in each class, someone noticed and we talked about it. Thanks again- it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete