Math = Love: Students Notice!

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Students Notice!

A student drew this flower on her integer quiz.  I thought it was cute, so I snapped a picture of it using my phone before handing it back.  When I handed back her quiz, she asked me if I'd noticed the pretty picture she had drawn me.

I was able to say I did.  In fact, I even took a picture of it.  She thought this was very cool.  Students notice when we notice them and their efforts.  We're nine weeks into the school year, and I still feel like I don't know all of my students on a personal level.  Some of them are still just a name, a face, and a score in the grade book.  I definitely need to work on this.  


  1. I add things to their pictures. So far, no one has mentioned it...

  2. I had a student in Algebra 1 who struggled... math was not her thing. But bless her, she tried. She drew me a picture on every test and included some aspect of that unit. A snowman named Perry the Parabola Snowman, etc. Her drawings always made my day. :)