Math = Love: The Long-Awaited Announcement

Monday, January 18, 2016

The Long-Awaited Announcement

So, some of you have been asking me a very specific question lately.  And, I've been ignoring you.  Sorry 'bout that.  It wasn't that I didn't want to answer; I just didn't think it was my news to share.  But, now that my fiance has let the cat out of the bag on his own blog, I figure I can share it with you guys here, too.  :)

Let's backtrack.



In August, I blogged about the fact that I am going to marry my best friend and fellow MTBoS member, Shaun Carter.  In December, we attended his (successful!) visa interview at the US Consulate in Sydney, Australia.  I kinda let you guys know about this in a January update because we were able to finally set a wedding date after the visa was approved.  I say "kinda" because I was intentionally vague in that blog post in regards to who exactly was getting a visa...

Now that Shaun has blogged about the fact that he's moving to America SOON, I can let you all know that Shaun is moving to Oklahoma.  He has left his maths teaching job of six years, moved out of his house, and gotten rid of almost everything he owns to move to the United States and marry me.  I'm so blessed to be marrying an amazing guy who is willing to take the scary step of moving to the other side of the world to be with me.  I'm looking forward to a lifetime of grand adventures with this handsome guy.  We're so excited to see what God has in store for our future.  God has already shown us that He is capable of far more than we ever thought possible.  He brought together two people from opposite sides of the globe.  Two people who have a passport or think they'd ever need one.  One of those people (me!) had never even been on an airplane.  (For the record, I've been on a grand total of 20 airplanes in the last ten months.)  God has been teaching us both that our "comfort zones" are self-imposed and have no bearing on His will for our lives.  And, from personal experience, I can say that stepping out of my comfort zone has been an exciting, amazing, and fruitful adventure.      

I also want to let you know that Shaun has started a new blog to chronicle his move to America and the start of our life together.  He has named it "Dropping the S" since his job title will soon be changing from "maths teacher" to "math teacher."  He's still keeping his teaching blog, but he wanted to create a space to keep his family and friends in Australia updated with what we're up to in America.  If you're interested in the more personal (and less math-y) side of our lives, you're welcome to follow along, too!  You can read his first post here.            


26 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both! I will go check out his blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was very excited to read Shaun's tweet and post this morning! Very happy for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Does that mean 1 + 1 = 1?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you both!! What an exciting time for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun and awesome news. Congratulations, and many happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I was worried we'd lose you to Australia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! I was just worried that the Australian tractor market was gaining a booster and we were losing one and, well, I just couldn't bear the idea at this delicate moment. Mazel tov!!!

    <3 Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! Congratulations to you both! Wish you the best! :)
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to both of you! Can't wait to see what God has planned for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congatulations to both of you from Germany! With best wishes
    Elke Noah

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you both. I have been following you since the beginning; you've taught a long time eight grade math teacher quite a lot. Best wishes on your new adventures. God Bless you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah: I am so happy and excited for you and your future husband. Those kids in OK are so lucky to have you! I often check your blog or pinterest board for fresh ideas. My colleague and I were working on curriculum on Friday and she had one of your blog posts pulled up and I blurted out "I love that girl!!" Best of luck to you and thank you SO much for sharing your ideas and inspiring the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete