Math = Love: Things Teenagers Say: Volume 37

Friday, January 15, 2016

Things Teenagers Say: Volume 37

Time has gotten away from me, and I've been neglecting to fill you in on the crazy things teenagers say in my classroom.  Sorry about that!

                                             

Previous Volumes:
Volume 01 | Volume 02 | Volume 03 | Volume 04 | Volume 05
Volume 06 | Volume 07 | Volume 08 | Volume 09 | Volume 10
Volume 11 | Volume 12 | Volume 13 | Volume 14 | Volume 15
Volume 16 | Volume 17 | Volume 18 | Volume 19 | Volume 20
Volume 21 | Volume 22 | Volume 23 | Volume 24 | Volume 25
Volume 26 | Volume 27 | Volume 28 | Volume 29 | Volume 30
Volume 31 | Volume 32 | Volume 33 | Volume 34 | Volume 35
Volume 36

--

Student 1: Do old people hiccup?
Student 2: I don't think they do.  I've never heard an old person hiccup.
Student 1: I'm going to google it.  "Do old people hiccup?"
Student 2: Why don't you look for videos of old people hiccuping on Youtube?
Student 1: [Searches Youtube]  All I can find is videos of babies hiccuping.  I don't think old people hiccup.

--

Student playing Scattergories: "I put ham, but I don't think ham is a dairy product."

--

Math bought the alphabet like Dish bought DirecTV.

--

Oooh!  I love the distributive property!  I eat the distributive property on my pizza every morning.

--

It hurts me when you read these out loud.

--

Student: Oh man!  I wish I was a goat so bad.
Me: Why?
Student: Then, I could do goaty things.

--

You need to tweet about the wrong-doings of your students.

--

Vegans just pretty much eat chips.  And bananas.

--

I don't want to pay attention.  I want attention to pay me.

--

Why don't you go gurgle some peanut butter?

--

You type very quickly.  You've got that blogger's touch.

--

Student: Once you get married, can we call you President Carter?
Me: No.

--

No offense.  But, I was really hoping you weren't going to be here yesterday so we could finish the movie.

--

Guys, after Ms. Hagan gets married, we're going to have to call her Mrs. Hagan.

--

Poker is just Yahtzee with cards.

--

If you ain't a Justin Bieber fan, get out of my life!

--

Student: Are you clearing your throat to get our attention?
Me: No.  I have a frog in my throat.
Student: But, you're a vegetarian.

--

Student 1: Did you really bring a blanket in here?!?
Student 2: Yes.
Student 1: I had to stop what I was saying just to address the fact that you brought a blanket to school.

--

Someone said my shirt looks like "Homeless meets Where's Waldo?", but I like it.

--

If the graph looks like an EAR, it's not linEAR.

--

Student 1: If the heat isn't back on tomorrow, I'm going to stay home under my blanket and watch facebook.
Student 2: Watch facebook?
Student 1: All facebook is anymore is videos.  You practically just watch facebook.


4 comments:

  1. I love what your students say! Maybe I should do some of the things my students say......Can I steal your idea and post it on my blog?

    supermathteacher.wordpress.com

    Also, will you start to follow my blog? You inspired me to start one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Steal away! And, I'm so excited to read your blog. Adding it to Inoreader NOW!!!

      Delete
  2. These absolutely made my day. And it's only 7:20! Thank you for being my math classroom resource and source of entertainment!

    ReplyDelete