Math = Love: Things Teenagers Say: Volume 39

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Things Teenagers Say: Volume 39

Even if I haven't been blogging lately, I have been keeping a blog post draft with the crazy things my students have been saying.

So, here you have it: Volume 39!


Check out previous issues of Things Teenagers Say:

Volume 01 | Volume 02 | Volume 03 | Volume 04 | Volume 05
Volume 06 | Volume 07 | Volume 08 | Volume 09 | Volume 10
Volume 11 | Volume 12 | Volume 13 | Volume 14 | Volume 15
Volume 16 | Volume 17 | Volume 18 | Volume 19 | Volume 20
Volume 21 | Volume 22 | Volume 23 | Volume 24 | Volume 25
Volume 26 | Volume 27 | Volume 28 | Volume 29 | Volume 30
Volume 31 | Volume 32 | Volume 33 | Volume 34 | Volume 35
Volume 36 | Volume 37 | Volume 38

--
Student 1: Do you like to fish?
Me: No.
Student 1: Have you ever kissed a catfish?
Me: Noooooooooo.
Student 1: Have you ever kissed a spoon bill?
Me: Noooooooooooooooooooo.
Student 2: A spoonbill?  That's the fish you can use to spank your children.

--

Pterodactyl has an x in it right?  I think the x is silent.

--

If you need more sanity, just use some hand sanitizer.

--

After making a pillow in FACS class: 

If I'd lived back in the day, I wouldn't have been able to pick enough cotton to make me a pillow.

--

I don't let anyone follow me on Instagram unless I know them or they're a really hot guy.

--

Why does "fridge" have a "d" in it but "refrigerator" doesn't?  What happens to the "d?"

--

Incest isn't illegal.  It's just frowned upon.

--

Student 1: My dad is using up all our data!
Student 2: He's watching cat videos.

--

Student 1: How do you keep your shoes clean?
Student 2: I try not to let people step on them.

--

After discovering that you can faceswap on Snap Chat with images in your camera roll: 

I'll never have to put on make-up again.  I'll just faceswap with myself on a day where I was wearing make-up.

--

What if Ms. Hagan goes home and listens to Norwegian death metal?

--

If you had a fuel pump, I'd let you borrow my spare tire.

--

Are you speaking in Da Vinci's code?

--

When students try to rap: 

Ms. Hagan's class is very ghetto.
She likes picking flowers in the meadow.

--

Zookeepers make the best boyfriends.

--

Is it "Go Fish" or "Goldfish"?

--

While playing a card game that is often called the abbreviated form of a not so nice phrase: 

This game is just a bunch of sinning.  Lying is a sin, and that's what we're doing!  We need to pray!

--

Student: Mrs. Carter! Did you know that you are Caucasian?
Me: Yes...
Student: Well, I just found out last hour that I'm Caucasian.

--



2 comments:

  1. Just now, as I was reading this I hear

    *two students have a quiet discussion...*
    Kid 1: I don't know. Just ask Mrs. C.
    Kid 2: Mrs. C, if you go to jail and you have an apartment, do you still have to pay for it?
    Me: Um... I have no idea.
    Kid 2: Like, would they take it away from you?
    Kid 3: Yeah. I think the bank takes it back.
    Kid 1: What about the stuff in it?
    Kid 3: Yeah. They take that, too. It happened to my aunt.
    Kid 1: Guess I'm living in my car....

    ReplyDelete