Math = Love: New Name Poster

Sunday, July 17, 2016

New Name Poster

I've had the same sign outside of my classroom for four years now.  In fact, it was one of my first classroom creations as a first-year-teacher.  



The problem is 1) I am no longer Ms. Hagan and 2) I no longer teach in Room 17.

A new classroom and new school building means it's time for a new name sign outside my classroom!


Here's the picture I took pre-lamination.  It's already hanging outside my classroom door next to my new math-y welcome posters, but I forgot to take a picture before leaving school.

I know it's a simple sign to make yourself, but I'll attach the file in case you want to steal it and modify it with your own information.  You'll need to download the free fonts Wellfleet and Aaargh or substitute your own favorite fonts.  Here's the link to the Publisher file.

Oh, and by the way, this makes me realize that I haven't announced on my blog what I'll be teaching next year yet.  I have 3 sections of Algebra 1, 1 section of Trigonometry, and 2 sections of Math Concepts.  Math Concepts is a class we're creating for our 9th graders who have not demonstrated that they are ready for Algebra 1 yet.  I'm super excited to teach this new-to-me class because it means we can really sloooooooooooow down and focus on the basics of algebra without the stress of "covering" all of the standards.  


13 comments:

  1. Omg! I am so excited to hear that you are teaching Math Concepts. This is basically what I've been teaching for the last 2 years, and have been attempting to use what I can from your site. I'm soooooo excited to see what you post! Good luck in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that students who don't believe they are good in math are going to benefit from you in this area. I am sure you will have new challenges but I know you will make them love math through your teaching. There is nothing like showing someone who thinks they can't and show them that they can! And your influence grows! Love it!

      Delete
    2. I am so glad that students who don't believe they are good in math are going to benefit from you in this area. I am sure you will have new challenges but I know you will make them love math through your teaching. There is nothing like showing someone who thinks they can't and show them that they can! And your influence grows! Love it!

      Delete
  2. Love the welcome poster! Can't wait to put it up for open house.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Your blog is amazing. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to document your teaching and for including materials you feel may help us all.

    I am returning to the career after a 4 year break. I really appreciate your ideas.

    Thank you!

    Also, is Math Concepts similar to 7th grade math?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Math Concepts is for 9th graders who struggled with 7th and 8th grade math concepts. So, it should have some things in common with 7th grade math.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are doing the same thing pretty much! Ours is called Foundations in Algebra and basically is a slower Algebra 1. Good luck with your first married year :) Mine was last year and we accidentally got pregnant two months into marriage AND it was my first teaching year, whoopsie :) Everything is a blessing though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are doing the same thing pretty much! Ours is called Foundations in Algebra and basically is a slower Algebra 1. Good luck with your first married year :) Mine was last year and we accidentally got pregnant two months into marriage AND it was my first teaching year, whoopsie :) Everything is a blessing though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are doing the same thing pretty much! Ours is called Foundations in Algebra and basically is a slower Algebra 1. Good luck with your first married year :) Mine was last year and we accidentally got pregnant two months into marriage AND it was my first teaching year, whoopsie :) Everything is a blessing though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of wearable Group Roles! Thanks for sharing, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete