Math = Love: "Includes" vs "Excludes" in Mathematics Posters

Sunday, August 14, 2016

"Includes" vs "Excludes" in Mathematics Posters

The other night, I was having trouble falling asleep.  My mind could only think about school stuff.  Shortly before midnight, I decided I needed to make a set of posters to help students remember how we show that a number is included or excluded in mathematics.  Luckily, I had the forethought to e-mail this idea to myself.  When I woke up the next morning, I'd completely forgotten about my poster idea until I opened my e-mail account.

Here's what I came up with:

These should be a handy reference for my students when we're working with inequalities and domain and range.  I might make a small version for students to keep in their interactive notebooks.

Want the files for these posters?  They're designed to print 2 to a letter sized page.  I've uploaded them here as an editable Publisher file and a non-editable PDF file.  The font is "Wellfleet."

1 comment:

  1. Those are great! I remember this being something students really struggled with.