Math = Love: Place Value Posters

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Place Value Posters

Yesterday, I finally got my place value posters hung up in my classroom.  I actually designed these posters last summer when I was in Australia.  They were inspired by this pin which I couldn't find an original source for.  Last summer, I printed the posters, but I had trouble finding something I liked to use as a backing.  I bought some colorful scrapbook paper I thought would work, but there just wasn't enough of it.  I couldn't decide which place values to leave out...

Fast forward to this summer.  I've got a new and much more spacious classroom to decorate.  I still haven't found something to use as a backing for the posters, but I decided maybe they don't actually need one.  I decided to just hang them up as they are.  This was a hard decision for me because I've learned a lot about designing posters this year, and it's hard for me to look at these posters without seeing 17 things I wish I could change about them.  But, school starts in less than 2 weeks.  I don't have time to redesign everything.

Ready to see what they look like in my classroom?

I laminated the posters for durability, but it sure does make it hard to take a good picture of them!

At least that's a good shot of my Greek Alphabet posters...

Here are some close-ups.

I've uploaded the files here as an editable Publisher file and a non-editable PDF file.  For the editable version, you'll need these free fonts: Blackjack and HVD Comic Serif Pro.  Don't want to mess with fonts, just download the PDF version!