Math = Love: Positive and Negative Infinity Posters

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Positive and Negative Infinity Posters

School starts TOMORROW.  Well, kids come on Monday, but I have to be there TOMORROW.  I'll also be there today, but y'all all know how that is.

Since I need to get to school and get copies made and everything ready for meet the teacher tomorrow night, today's blog post is going to be short and sweet.

This past weekend, Math Dyal posted pictures of her classroom on her blog.  Something caught my eye even though it wasn't meant to be the focal point of the picture.  At the negative end of her number line, she had placed a negative infinity symbol.  My students have, for some reason I've never been able to figure out, always gotten confused when it came to positive and negative infinity.

So, a few minutes later, I had printed some positive and negative infinity symbols and laminated them!  I hung them up yesterday.  Here they are:


 
Simple, but I LOVE them!

Here are the files if you're interested in them.  For the Publisher version of the file, you'll need to download the Wellfleet font or substitute your own favorite font.  The PDF version will have the font embedded in the file.

As for the other posters you can see in these pics, here are the relevant blog posts:

Horizontal Number Line
Slope Dude
Perfect Squares and Perfect Cubes


1 comment:

  1. Yay! But now I want these pretty printed ones instead of my handwritten ones! Good luck tomorrow - prepare to be exhausted! There is no tired like Back-to-School-tired!

    ReplyDelete