Math = Love: Math = Love In Print!

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Math = Love In Print!

Quick post today about something I've been meaning to blog about since this spring!  In my defense, a lot has happened since then...

I am proud to announce that I was featured in the Spring 2016 issue of the University of Tulsa's College of Engineering and Natural Sciences Magazine.  When I was featured on NPR, it naturally caught the eye of my alma mater.

They contacted me to see about sending a writer/photographer to my classroom, and I agreed!

Here's the issue I was featured in:

My picture even made it in the table of contents!

And, here's my story.  It was definitely cool seeing myself in print for the first time!  

You can read the full text on TU's website.

Image Source: University of Tulsa 
Oh, and don't freak out, but I decided to change my twitter profile pic for the first time in over 2 1/2 years.  I usually hate photos of myself, but I loved how this photo by the TU photographer turned out!


  1. This is so cool!! Congratulations!

  2. Congratulations Sarah! A well deserved recognition! You are an amazing teacher! Thank you for sharing resources. I am using many of them in my classroom.

    1. Thanks! I'm so glad you have found my blog to be useful!

  3. Wow... congrats! I found your blog this week and am LOVING it! I've been teaching 6th grade for 28 years but this is my first year teaching math. Thanks to twitter, I'm finding an overwhelming number of resources.... but you are saving me with your posters and printables. THANK YOU so much for sharing!

  4. Awesome article! Thanks for sharing :)

  5. Awesome article and a well deserved honor. My classroom looks better than it has in the past 17 years thanks to your great posters!

  6. This is awesome! Congrats! I want to observe you in action! Thank you for all the free resources you provide for us!