Math = Love: Volume 43: Things Teenagers Say

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Volume 43: Things Teenagers Say

It feels like it's been FOREVER since my last things teenagers say.  So, I guess we should remedy that.  Hope you're having a happy Thursday!


Check out previous issues of Things Teenagers Say:


--

Student 1: Will I get my phone back at the end of the hour?
Student 2: She's eating a banana, so obviously not.

--

Did you know that in an alternate universe that might actually make sense?

--

Mrs. Carter, you may think someone took my notes for me, but my handwriting is just on point today.

--

Student: Are your husband's legs still dark from the summer?
Me: Ummm...I'm just going to walk away now and pretend you didn't just ask that.

--

Don't ever bite into soap!

--

Dude!  She's never brushed her teeth with deodorant before!

--

I write my 2's like an adult now.

--

I want to skip school in my closet.

--

You have a mom, too?!?

--

Why does spaghetti smell like puke when you go to wash the pan out?

--

I love sneezing.

--

I locked him in my trunk one time.

--

I don't smell like cigarettes.  I smell like laundry detergent.

--

Guys, I almost didn't wear a hat this morning.  I woke up and looked in the mirror.  My hair looked like a rooster.  It looked like a good rooster!

--

Student 1: You don't like peanut rolls?!?
Student 2: No, I said I don't like funerals!

--

You know what's fun?  Not being single.

--

Do you remember how you didn't like the word "gizzards" in the fourth grade?

--

Student 1: Can we listen to the Hamilton soundtrack?
Student 2: We're reading Hamilton in English class!
Student 1: Really?
Student 3: No, we're reading HAMLET.
--

I have a box of playing cards in my room to use for stats experiments and various activities. 

Do you want to play 120,000 card pick up?

--

Did you know that if you add five years to your age it will tell you how old you will be in five years?

--

Student 1: My Christmas tree weighs over 300 pounds.
Student 2: There's no way that your tree weighs as much as a semi truck.

--

After sending a student to borrow graphing calculators from my husband's classroom:

He really is Australian!

--

When you wear fancy slacks that zip up the back instead of the front...

Are your pants on backwards?

--

Jesus loves you.  But, he doesn't love you anymore because you kicked my friend out of lunch detention.

--

They are bottle flipping, but my religion is against that.  Can you please tell them to stop?

--

Student: Is it possible for a Mexican student to fail Spanish class? 
Me: I don't know.  We speak English.  Do any of our students fail English class?

--

You need to tell Mr. Carter to step up his game.  His room is not as colorful as yours.

--

They have Subway in Australia?  I didn't even think they had towns there. 

--

So if you're blind and eat carrots, do you get your eyesight back?

--

Me: Stop burping. 
Student: What?  This isn't a free country?
Me: It's not a free country when you're in lunch detention.
Student: That's not what the Bible says!

--

Student 1: They are going to deport Trump.
Student 2: That could happen.  He's Swedish.
Student 1: He is pretty sweet. 

--

Student: My hand is cramping.  I'm going to have arthritis because of you!
Me: That's why we completed our notebook over the course of the entire semester. You're trying to do it all in one day.  Of course your hand hurts! 

--


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing these. It is great comic relief after a rough day at work and a bit calming to know my students aren't the only ones that say silly things!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete