Math = Love: Volume 48: Things Teenagers Say

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Volume 48: Things Teenagers Say

It's the next-to-last day of the school year, so this will be the last volume of Things Teenagers Say for this school year.  Tomorrow morning will be spent trading classrooms with another teacher, and tomorrow afternoon will be spent at the Awards Assembly.  It feels like this year has both flown by and crawled by at the same time.

This will be the 8th installment of Things Teenagers Say for the 2016-2017 school year.


Check out previous issues of Things Teenagers Say:

Volume 36 | Volume 37 | Volume 38 | Volume 39 | Volume 40
Volume 41 | Volume 42 | Volume 43 | Volume 44 | Volume 45
Volume 46 | Volume 47

--

Sorry, can you die quieter?

--

I don't need to know how to tie ribbon because that's my mom's or my future wife's job.

--

Didn't Cinderella's dad die of ebola?

--

While playing Outburst...

Me: You have 60 seconds to name as many states with two word names.  
Team Captain: Las Vegas
Me: No
Team Captain: New England
Me: No
Team Captain: Idaho

--

Student 1: What's KO - LAIR - A?  
Me: Do you mean cholera?
Student 2: Cholera is just another way that God shows his love to us.

--

I just love it when people throw phones at me.

--

I think Jesus gave me this fractured wrist so I wouldn't have to go to work and could get my algebra grade up.

--

We should play "chanades." 

--

If you're that forgetful, you shouldn't have a kid.  Get a dingo instead. 

--

You wouldn't give CPR to a hobo? How sad!

--

While playing Outburst...

Me: Name something on a Christmas tree.
Team Captain: Tree Skirt
Me: No
Team Captain: Tree Pants
Me: No
Team Captain: Tree Khakis

--

If a person with your hair whooped me, I might cry a lot.  

--

Student: Have you ever heard Mr. Carter play the guitar?
Me: Yes
Student: Really?!?
Me: Yeah.  He plays the guitar at church every Sunday.
Student: I bet he serenades you, too.

--

Student: Mrs. Carter, do you have a driver's license?
Me: No, I walk to work everyday.
Student: Well, your husband could drive you everywhere.  You never know. 

--

Some of my students also have my husband's geometry class.  Here's a conversation I overheard between some of them.

Student 1: You can't cheat.  He gives us separate quiz versions.
Student 2: No he doesn't. 
Student 1: Yes he does.  There are four different quizzes.
Student 2: I don't do my quizzes. 

--

He orders his Starbucks upside down.  I didn't even know that was possible.    

--



--

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are done with school! We have 6 more weeks (thanks to some snow days)
    Have a great summer and thanks for all your wonderful ideas this year!

    ReplyDelete