Math = Love: Volume 46: Things Teenagers Say

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Volume 46: Things Teenagers Say

It doesn't seem like it's been that long since my last volume of Things Teenagers Say.  I guess that means my kids have been VERY chatty lately!


Check out previous issues of Things Teenagers Say:

--

Student 1: I don't go to church, but Jesus is my uncle.
Student 2: If you did got to church, you would know that Jesus is your father - not your uncle!

--

Student: I read your last things teenagers say post, and I was responsible for 7 of them.  I counted.
Me: What does that say about you?
Student: It says I'm your favorite student, and you're not going to have a blog once I graduate.

--

George Strait is how I asked my girlfriend to prom.

--

Let's build a bridge for the river that we cry.

--

I'm progressively becoming friends with more and more underclassmen.  I don't like it.

--

You dented my cup!

--

If my mom says "K" to me one more time...

--

You need to come hang out with us one night.  You'll laugh so much, you'll have abs!

--

I don't know how to tweet on tweeter.

--

I didn't want you to get kicked out of class.  That's why I punched you.

--

Can I go to lunch early because I have to go pick up a shotgun later?

--

Sit down and talk to me about Law and Order SVU.

--

I don't like this whole single key business without a keychain.

--

You know, breathing isn't actually that fun.

--

Every decision we make puts us into another universe.

--

Let me write that down on my non-existent data sheet.

--

Me: Statistics is the study of data.
Student: I know all about data.  I have unlimited.

--

Did you know that even if you're trash you can still do things?  It's called a trash CAN, not a trash CANNOT.

--

Student: Why didn't I get named after my father?  I'm jealous!
Me: My mom was named after her mother.
Student: Was she from England?
Me: No.

--

Isn't one day on the moon the same as five days on earth?

--

If your phone falls on your face, then you have it coming.

--

I'm not a tomato.  I don't bruise easily.

--

Student: What type of music do you listen to?
Me: Christian music.
Student: You go to church?
Me: Yes.
Student: I used to, but I got kicked out.

--

She'll probably break up with you if you lose her pencil.

--

These kids made crossbows out of pencils, and one of them shot me!  It was...AMAZING.

--

Me: Please don't tell me that you are talking about disposing of bodies.
Student: I'm talking about cannibals.  He's talking about disposing of a body.

--

Zero isn't a number just like Pluto isn't a planet.

--

I'm a lot of people's spirit animal.

--

Me: Is anyone in here a Gemini?  It's a horoscope sign.
Student: Oh, you mean those things like scorpio and squirrel?

--

I'm about to orangutan you.

--

Santa Claus can fit down a chimney, so that means an astronaut can, too!

--

Does "shrimp" have two syllables?

--

I only opened my mouth once saying "elephant," but it has more than one syllable.

--

I can't syllable.

--

Let me just get the polar bear out of my garage.

--

In kindergarten, I was a failure.

--

Student 1: I made the best hand turkeys in kindergarten.
Student 2: No, I made the best hand turkeys in kindergarten.  My turkeys were...SMASH!

--



1 comment:

  1. That one student has skillfully detected how English has unusually long syllables! In some languages you couldn't get all the consonants into "shrimp" without three syllables.

    ReplyDelete