Math = Love: Printable Gameboard for Traffic Lights

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Printable Gameboard for Traffic Lights

As school starts this week, I'm looking forward to teaching my new 9th graders (yes, I am teaching 9th graders for five of six periods again this year) to play Traffic Lights. As I wrote in my giant 21 Ideas for the First Week of School post, I learned of this game from Julie Morgan who learned of the game from NRICH.

Not familiar with how to play? I'll let Julie explain!

Image Source: https://fractionfanatic.wordpress.com/2016/05/22/the-traffic-light-game/

Last year, I tried this game on the fly, so I ended up using the game boards I created for Rainbow Logic to play this game. This year, I decided it deserved its own set of game boards. :)

Here's what I came up with:


I printed the game boards two to a page and laminated them so my students will be able to play with red/yellow/green bingo chips. 


Another way I'm changing things up this year is demonstrating how to play the game using my SMARTBoard instead of my document camera. I made an interactive version of the game using one of my favorite SMARTNotebook tools - Infinite cloner! I will let the class work together to try and beat me before they ever start playing their own partners.


You can download the file for the gameboards and the SMARTNotebook file for the drag and drop version here.


No comments:

Post a Comment