Math = Love: Volume 49: Things Teenagers Say

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Volume 49: Things Teenagers Say

It's been awhile since the last volume of Things Teenagers Say. Kids keep asking if I'm going to do it this year, so I guess it's time to share the first volume of overheard conversations of the 2017-2018 school year!


Check out previous issues of Things Teenagers Say:



--

Student: Can you play some tunes while we work?
Me: Sure.
Student: Now, don't play any of that bible thumper music or Jesus reggae.

--

Girls shave their legs and then wear jeans. I don't get it.

--

Student: Do you want to buy a ticket for donkey basketball?
Me: I can't go. I teach a class at church on Wednesday night for 4th graders.
Student: Do you teach them about math or God?

--

Stop laminating things. You have a problem.

--

Stop cheating on me. Wait, I mean stop cheating off me.

--

Student 1: Do you want to know a fun fact about my shorts?
Student 2: Sure.
Student 1: They are my dad's shorts from his honeymoon with my mom.

--

I know this is probably weird, but I just made eye contact with your husband through the window.

--

Dude, my grandpa posts more stuff to instagram than I do!

--

I'm going to move to Chernobyl.

--

I eat fairly healthy. I just eat big portions.

--

Congratulations! You will win a Nobel prize in three weeks for knowing my name. It will be shipped to your door. If you don't get it, that will be due to a manufacturing defect.

--

During after school tutoring
Me: Will you guys be okay if I run to the restroom?
Student: No. I will die from lack of Carter. I will suffocate.

--

Does Mr. Carter have a genuine Australian accent? I want to hear him say Mississippi.


3 comments:

  1. Do Aussies say 'Mississippi' weirdly? I have recently discovered that the way we pronounce 'here' and 'there' doesn't translate very well (thanks to my cousin living in Baltimore) as we don't actually say the'rrrr' sound. It's all I think about when I say those words now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do Aussies say 'Mississippi' weirdly? I have recently discovered that the way we pronounce 'here' and 'there' doesn't translate very well (thanks to my cousin living in Baltimore) as we don't actually say the'rrrr' sound. It's all I think about when I say those words now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Aussie friend was trying to tell our boss's 8 year old that her favorite subject was art and she looked at her dumbfounded and said "...what's ot??"

    ReplyDelete